Our skin becomes dry and rough during the winter seasons. It looks flaky, red and sore. We regularly use a lot on skin products for our dry skin but is it really enough to deal with the problems concerned with the skin category?
We would say, “No”. Just buying suitable products is not enough. You should follow a proper skin care routine in order to maintain the charm of your skin and keep it well. In order to help your dry skin from inside and out, you should develop a daily dry skin care routine.
We have divided this daily skin care routine for dry skin into 3 simple parts. These are:
Through the day
Before hitting bed
Follow these steps and include them in your daily routine.
- You should give your face a quick splash of fresh, warm water. It will freshen you up. Washing face with cold water is not recommended as it constricts the pores.
- Now use a cleanser which is specific for dry skin, massage it on your wet face for a minute. Rinse off with warm water.
- Use a good toner.
- Next comes moisturizing. Apply a very thin layer of moisturizer and massage it in circular motion.
- Let it leak of for 5 – 10 minutes. Now apply your sunscreen if you are going to walk out in sun. Use lotions which are good for normal to dry skin. It will keep your skin protected from sun and hydrated throughout the day.
During the Day:
Do not forget to take care of your skin during the day. It is very important that you take care of your skin. Please follow these steps and take care of your skin during the day:
- During the first morning break or coffee break, just walk to the wash room and apply a very slim layer of moisturizer which you used during the morning.
- Apply a good quality lip balm, gloss or lipstick. I would suggest that before applying your favorite lipstick or lip gloss, first apply a very thin layer of lip balm.
- Always carry a water bottle and go on sipping water from time to time. This will physically keep your skin hydrated.
- Eat a healthy lunch. Try including vegetable soups, fruits, or yogurt in your lunch.
- After lunch, using a wet tissue, pat off the dirt and sweat and again apply a thin layer of moisturizer or sunscreen.
- During the rest of the day, drink loads of water.
Before Hitting Bed:
While you take proper care of your skin throughout the day, it is very important that you pamper and protect it before you go to the bed.
- Try getting a healthy supper for yourself. A glass of milk with strawberries is what I would recommend.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Don’t rub, just spray water on your face.
- Use a good dry skin makeup remover to clean your face.
- Cleansing is your next step.
- Now apply a thick creamy moisturizer or a good rich night cream. This will nourish your skin while you sleep, making your skin more smooth and supple.
- Finally, keep a water bottle near your bed and in your reach. Sip water every time you wake up during the night.